This is a joint interest group by UCI CS working groups to understand the other partners' fields better, explore new ideas, and collaboration opportunities. The bi-weekly meetings are characterized by highly interactive sessions with a mixture of i) fundamentals presentations, ii) stimulus presentations, iii) brainstorming sessions, iv) constructive discussions, v) status reports, and of course, vi) hard work back in the lab. We let students from our labs participate in all parts. For the second quarter 2020, we switched from physical meetings to video conferencing.
The goal is the establishment of a practical blockchain competence in ICS. This cooperation is supported by an ICS Endeavor grant.
Decentralized Matrix Factorization (private)Presentation Slides, Robert Bamler
Peephole Optimization via Convolution (private)Presentation Slides, Min-Yih Hsu
ML-guided Fuzzing (private)Presentation Slides, Matthew Dees
Ether transactions have value>0 && dataLen==0. Smart contracts have dataLen > 0.
Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum does not explicitly record block rewards as transactions. This data set recreates block rewards (i.e., the generation of new Ether) in the same format as above.
- Tran et al. Obscuro: A Bitcoin Mixer using Trusted Execution Environments
- Maksutov et al. Detection of Blockchain Transactions Used in Blockchain Mixer of Coin Join Type
- Chan et al. Analyzing the Bitcoin Transaction Graph: A Look at Mixers and Traceability
- Borgwardt and StegleAn Introduction to Graph Mining
Clustering & Deanonymization
- Will Price Clustering Ethereum Addresses
- Yue Yu Time-varying Networks: Measurement, Modeling, and Computation
- Chang et al. Improving Bitcoin Ownership Identification Using Transaction Patterns Analysis
Program Analysis (Historic)
- Kildall, Gary Arlen. A Unified Approach to Global Program Optimization (1973)
- Kam, John B., and Jeffrey D. Ullman. Monotone data flow analysis frameworks (1977)
- Reps, Thomas; Horwitz, Susan; Sagiv, Mooly Precise interprocedural dataflow analysis via graph reachability (1995)
- Bodden, Eric Inter-procedural data-flow analysis with IFDS/IDE and Soot (2012)
Secure Systems and Software Laboratory
PI Michael Franz
Cybersecurity Policy & Research Institute
co-PI Bryan Cunningham
Smyth Research Group (The DataLab)
co-PI Padhraic Smyth
Security and Privacy Research OUTfit
co-PI Gene Tsudik